Sunday, January 23, 2011

From Sinai to Cyberspace, Pt. 1: Preparing to freeze.

I'm sitting in a pizza joint in Palm Beach International, waiting for my flight to the frozen tundra of southern New Jersey.  Why would I, a 17 year resident of tropical Florida be braving the Arctic cold of the North East?  What would have prompted me to purchased a down jacket - my first since the 1970s?  There's only one answer:  looking for tomorrow,  today.

I'm on my way to the Jewish Educators Assembly Conference, called "From Sinai to Cyberspace: Exploring the Impact of Technology on Jewish Education".   The Conservative movement (like the Reform next week) is embarking on a journey to investigate the interface between digital learning and Torah. We educators know that something must change.  We also know that the process of re-visioning Jewish learning is well on its way.  We are in the midst of learning how these Jetson-like tools can work for us today.

I plan on blogging the conference, sharing with you my thoughts,  impressions, questions, and maybe even gossip and trivia, if anything pops up.  I'll also be tweeting my experiences at #jea59 (as well as #jed21).  If you can't be with me, freezing your tuches off, at least you can vicariously experiencing how today we take our steps, virtual and real, into the future.

1 comment:

  1. Learn much. Have fun. Give hugs to our colleagues from me.

    ReplyDelete